Dictionary: letter N
CTRL + F to search this page | español
- She told them to naff off.
- He wished people would just naff off and leave him alone.
- I couldn't nail her down to an exact date.
- Try and nail them down to a price.
- He's definitely coming but I couldn't nail him down to a specific time.
- They've narrowed down the list of candidates.
- They narrowed the number of suspects down to three.
- Using satellite data, the team was able to narrow down the search area.
- She nipped in and said hello.
- I'll nip in next week to book an appointment.
- I'll just nip off to the shops.
- I'm going to nip off early so I can catch my train.
nip out nip off
- She nodded off in front of the TV.
- He was embarrased because he nodded off in the middle of the film.
- What are you nosing about here for?
- I wish you'd stop nosing into other people's business.
- His job is to nose out unpleasant facts about important politicians.
- He managed to nose out some important facts.
- Yahoo.co.uk notched up almost 3.4 million weekly unique visitors during July.
- The band notched up another UK Number 1 single with their version of the classic Bangles song.
- Note down his address.
- We recommend that you find and note down the serial number of your device.